Monday, August 17, 2009

August 17, 2009 - Nearly 4 Months Post-Treatment

Later this week will mark four months since my return from China, so here's an update:

No major changes. I still have not fallen while walking normally since returning from China. I have had a some falls but all of them are related to having tripped or stepped on something unexpectedly. My last fall was in my home about 10 days ago. I tried like hell to get up on my own for over an hour, but eventually had to ask my girlfriend Laurie, for assistance. However, Laurie recently had to move to a city about 3 hours away to take care of her grandmother. Since I had such a hard time getting up on my own the other day I bought an electric Hoyer lift for those times I expect I will fall and nobody will be around. So standing obviously remains a problem.

I still exercise daily for about an hour and a half. I am unable to strap myself into the Standing Frame, so I am no longer spending a half-hour doing that exercise.

Physical Therapy continues once a week. Last week I learned how to get up from a fall in my home using my coffee table. I had been doing it all wrong and this is why I was unable to get off the floor the other day.

Overall, I'm still not sure whether stem cell treatment has helped. With the exception of not falling while walking, I have not seen any "spectacular" results. I'll need another two months work and test or two before I can say one way or the other.

I'll keep you all posted.

3 comments:

  1. thanks for update hope this 2 month gave u what u want or change for self thanks sir
    satvinder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear mr. Kleve
    Thanks for your post.
    Looking forward to hearing your updates.
    Kind regards,

    Sjoerd Lautenbach

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello this a nice post ans thanks a lot for posting such a blog.

    ReplyDelete